New Hasegawa Valks, and question on the VF-1

New Hasegawa Valks, and question on the VF-1

Post by Futari- » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 21:58:38



HLJ's got pictures of the new Hasegawa Valks:

VT-1 :  http://www.FoundCollection.com/
VE-1 :  http://www.FoundCollection.com/

Now for my question. I'm finally getting around to building my VF-1A
(had to wait for the weapons set). That hatch that's right behind the
***pit, is that an air-brake of some type, or a maintenance hatch? What
it is will determine on if I have it open or closed. Thanks!

Jeff
http://www.FoundCollection.com/~futari

 
 
 

New Hasegawa Valks, and question on the VF-1

Post by Prabal Nand » Mon, 08 Oct 2001 01:04:14


Quote:
> VT-1 :  http://www.FoundCollection.com/
> VE-1 :  http://www.FoundCollection.com/
> Now for my question. I'm finally getting around to building my VF-1A
> (had to wait for the weapons set). That hatch that's right behind the
>***pit, is that an air-brake of some type, or a maintenance hatch? What

   I'm sure it's an airbrake, just like on the SU-27 series.
   What's the deal with these weird modified valks though? The E seems to be
some sort of EWACs model, but how can it land with that huge boom? And the T
seems to have snub-nosed scramjets, and some sort of dish instead of a head!

 
 
 

New Hasegawa Valks, and question on the VF-1

Post by Scott Swobo » Mon, 08 Oct 2001 01:31:12


The hatch behind the***pit is an airbrake.  I don't recall ever
seeing it deployed, except in the line art  I've seen of a Valk coming
in for a landing.  Maybe when that remastered Macross series is
released, I can tell you.

I've already got mine ordered, though one thing always puzzled me.
The robot arm launching sequence for these space-equipped Valks
couldn't be used for these two versions.  I figured either there is a
"special" launching robot arm able to grapple these thruster packs, or
they just walk out an air lock.

Regards,
Scptt Swoboda



Quote:
>HLJ's got pictures of the new Hasegawa Valks:

>VT-1 :  http://www.FoundCollection.com/
>VE-1 :  http://www.FoundCollection.com/

>Now for my question. I'm finally getting around to building my VF-1A
>(had to wait for the weapons set). That hatch that's right behind the
>cockpit, is that an air-brake of some type, or a maintenance hatch? What
>it is will determine on if I have it open or closed. Thanks!

>Jeff
>http://www.FoundCollection.com/~futari

 
 
 

New Hasegawa Valks, and question on the VF-1

Post by Futari- » Mon, 08 Oct 2001 04:15:54


Quote:

>   I'm sure it's an airbrake, just like on the SU-27 series.
>   What's the deal with these weird modified valks though? The E seems to be
>some sort of EWACs model, but how can it land with that huge boom? And the T
>seems to have snub-nosed scramjets, and some sort of dish instead of a head!

Thanks for the replies, but I answered my own question right after I
posted. Just have to actually READ the instructions instead of follow
the diagrams :-[ .

The VT-1 is a training model, hence the 2 seat***pit. The VE-1 (Elnit
Seeker?) is an EWAC (I always thought it was AWAC, though) Valkyrie.
Both are feature in the movie.

Jeff

 
 
 

New Hasegawa Valks, and question on the VF-1

Post by David » Mon, 08 Oct 2001 10:14:15


VF-1(modified) names, BTW:

VT-1 Superostrich.  Yes, Super*ostrich* like the big bird.  

VE-1 Elintseeker.    (I'm pretty sure convention is for single-word names).  

David H.
(please remove "nospam" to reply via e-mail)

 
 
 

New Hasegawa Valks, and question on the VF-1

Post by Shiro Ryukam » Mon, 08 Oct 2001 13:38:27


..I'd been able to control myself from buying the Hasegawa's so far...But
that EWAC valk got me..Must get....Must get...I've never seen it before,
actually...but then again, I never watched Macross all the way through...But
I want that EWAC valk....Theoretically though, wouldn't it make more sense,
for a fighter-sized aircraft to be an EW plane rather than a EWAC?  I would
think that you'd need more than one RIO to handle data an communications
properly..But it doesn't matter!! it's cool!!!


Quote:
> HLJ's got pictures of the new Hasegawa Valks:

> VT-1 :  http://www.FoundCollection.com/
> VE-1 :  http://www.FoundCollection.com/

> Now for my question. I'm finally getting around to building my VF-1A
> (had to wait for the weapons set). That hatch that's right behind the
>***pit, is that an air-brake of some type, or a maintenance hatch? What
> it is will determine on if I have it open or closed. Thanks!

> Jeff
> http://www.FoundCollection.com/~futari

 
 
 

New Hasegawa Valks, and question on the VF-1

Post by James C. Neverman » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 00:47:56


Quote:

> that EWAC valk got me..Must get....Must get...I've never seen it before,
> actually...but then again, I never watched Macross all the way through

It's seen early-on in "Macross: DYRL?" for a few seconds after the
first Zentradie attack on the SDF-1.

--
Jim Nevermann
[usual disclaimers]

 
 
 

New Hasegawa Valks, and question on the VF-1

Post by Jeff Godema » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:17:09


On Mon, 8 Oct 2001 15:47:56 GMT, "James C. Nevermann"

Quote:


>> that EWAC valk got me..Must get....Must get...I've never seen it before,
>> actually...but then again, I never watched Macross all the way through

>It's seen early-on in "Macross: DYRL?" for a few seconds after the
>first Zentradie attack on the SDF-1.

It also appeared for a split second in a head-on shot of the SDF-1
with the fighters in the foreground in the episode "Force of Arms"
(American Robotech ep title).  If you look closely in the lower left,
you can see the EWAC.

God bless the United States of America.

Jeff Godemann

"I will not forget this wound to our country or those
who inflicted it. I will not yield; I will not rest;
I will not relent in waging this struggle for freedom
and security for the American people." - President George W. Bush

 
 
 

New Hasegawa Valks, and question on the VF-1

Post by Robert M. Morgenster » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:29:25


Quote:

> > VT-1 :  http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?HSG7
> > VE-1 :  http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?HSG8
>    What's the deal with these weird modified valks though? The E seems to be
> some sort of EWACs model, but how can it land with that huge boom?

ELINT - Electronics Intelligence

It is a reconnaissance spacecraft.  I believe the sensor boom can fold
up to the body to allow recovery.  Remember that the boosters are going
to limit the Valkyries to space only.

Quote:
> And the T
> seems to have snub-nosed scramjets, and some sort of dish instead of a head!

As it is a trainer and doesn't need weapons.

The two seem to be based on the same modified Valkyrie body type with
additional verniers mounted around (like the end of the wings).

--